Solidariteitskas Vrije Bond
1001 RA Amsterdam
How does the Solidarity Fund work?
1) Each member of the Vrije Bond is entitled to a strike benefit during strikes that are joined by a majority of the workers. Under specific circumstances also strikes carried out by a minority of the workers, but then the goal of the strike has to be close in line with the aims of the Vrije Bond (VB). The strike benefit is 75% of the loss of income caused by the strike, with a maximum of 50,- euros* per work day.
2) The Solidarity Fund is also meant for actions of unemployed members of the Vrije Bond, especially when cuts are made on their unemployment allowances. This only in case of clearly announced collective or individual action the goals of which are in accordance with the aims of the Vrije Bond. The refusal of work can be such an action as well, but only if this is announced clearly and with notice. The Vrije Bond is against the obligation to work. The strike benefit is 75% of the loss of income caused by the strike/action, with a maximum of 50,- euro’s* per work day.
3) The Solidarity Fund can also provide loans without interest for starting a corporation in self-management with more than one worker. The amount of the loan is maximal 1000,- euro’s* and is to be paid back within three years.
4) The Solidarity Fund can finance initiatives/actions of (members of) the Vrije Bond that are in line with the aims of the Vrije Bond.
5) The Solidarity Fund can finance initiatives/actions that are organized by (members of) the Vrije Bond together with other organizations.
6) The Solidarity Fund can finance initiatives/actions that are organized by other organizations, of which members of the Vrije Bond are also a member; maximum 500,- euros per activity.
7) The Solidarity Fund can finance regional or national activities organized by members of the Vrije Bond that contribute to the growth of the organization of the Vrije Bond.
8) The Solidarity Fund reserves 5% of its budget for contributions to (activities of) foreign organizations with which the Vrije Bond has affinity.
* These amounts are determined once every three years by a General Assembly. applications can be sent to the Solidarity Fund Committee.